Finance Manager for Rock City Centre Holdings
Job Description: Finance Manager
Position: Finance Manager at Rock City Centre Holdings
Location: 690 East Main Street Little Falls, NY 13365 (Rock City Centre Building)
Rock City Centre Holdings (“RCCH”) is a rapidly growing connected network of philanthropic and for-profit enterprises that leverage innovation and technology. Some of these entities include UpVentures Capital, Rock City Centre, Rock City Development, UpMobility Foundation, Entrepreneurs Across Borders, and the Upstate Jobs Party.
Reporting to the CFO/COO, the Finance Manager leads the day-to-day accounting and financial activities of several business units within Rock City Centre Holdings. This is a hands-on role following the transaction flow from operating platforms and documents into QuickBooks online, conducting month-end close, maintaining GL, chart of accounts, and other accounting functions including budgeting, forecast, and consolidated financial reporting.
To qualify, you’ll need to have prior experience in accounting, financial reporting, and implementation of financial and business systems and processes, ideally across multiple entities. The right candidate will have strong interest in working in a growing organization that is still developing internal processes and systems, while enjoying in person contact presented by our membership community model.
Your active contribution to enhancing our operations presents a significant opportunity for career development and growth across the RCCH enterprises.
This is a full-time position with competitive salary, paid time off, and paid benefits package, that includes Health, Dental, Vision, short and long-term disability, and life insurance. You will also have access to flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, supplemental insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, home insurance, auto insurance, and more.
This position requires an on-site presence at Rock City Centre. Candidates who live within commuting distance are preferred.
Your Day-to-day responsibilities will involve:
● Support accounting process of various business units: manage and complete ownership of monthly financial close, maintain the general ledger and chart of accounts, bookkeeping, and consolidations.
● Create an efficient system to provide timely and accurate financial reporting of all business units. Present financial results to Management.
● Manage payroll, ARAP processes, ensuring best in class accounting processes
● Oversee budgeting, financial forecasting, and preparation of financial reports across all business units in RCCH
● Lead implementation of business systems and processes across various business units
● Lead annual tax return process of various business units and submit all necessary documentation to external accounting firm.
● Help in establishing and maintaining a portfolio reporting system for UpVentures Capital
● Help in establishing and running the day-to-day operations at Rock City Centre
Our preference is for candidates:
● With 3+ Years of operations/financial management experience: At least 3 years of business operations experience inside a company with diverse operations. Proven ability to develop and implement business processes that integrate with back-end financial systems/ERP-level systems is important.
● Strong communications and group interaction skills: Interacting and communicating with other stakeholders is something you enjoy, including expanding your own network of relationships.Your personal reputation is important – others want to work with you because you consistently deliver on expectations.
● Strong Research & Analytical skills: You love to research/analyze data, and come up with meaningful conclusions.
● Self-starter & detail-oriented multi-tasker: You have the ability to work independently in setting your daily priorities and operate with a minimum amount of supervision. You thrive on learning new things to expand your knowledge. Working across multiple projects at once is not the exception, but your norm. You are an individual contributor that makes sure your submitted work product is accurate – and are used to being held accountable for your accuracy.
● Tech oriented:
○ Strong working knowledge of Google Apps (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Calendar, Google Sheets) and DropBox.
○ Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point).
○ Strong working knowledge of Quick Books Online and/or other accounting software packages
Rock City Centre Holdings will be conducting informational interviews at the Upstate New York College Career Fair on April 30th, 2021. Please register here and request a meeting if you are interested in learning more about this position.
If you are not able to make the Online Career Fair on April 30th, interested candidates should email us an indication of interest with the subject line RCCH Finance Manager along with a link to your LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.