Office Manager for Rock City Centre Holdings (Part-Time)
Job Description: Office Manager (Part-Time)
Position: Office Manager at Rock City Centre Holdings
Location: 690 East Main Street Little Falls, NY 13365 (Rock City Centre Building)
At Rock City Centre, we are dropping the outdated concept of renting offices and instead re-imagining a community with an innovative membership-based model for remote professionals, freelancers, and small teams who will flow in and out of our Class A office building equipped with advanced technology, event spaces and a complete menu of services they can tailor to their individual needs.
We are seeking an Office Manager to help us onboard and support our members as you oversee the day-to-day operations of the building. Using our advanced building operations platform, you’ll help provision work and event spaces, as well as deliver building services and amenities so our members can take full advantage of this unique facility.
Rock City Centre is one of several enterprises under Rock City Centre Holdings- a rapidly growing connected network of philanthropic and for-profit enterprises that leverage innovation and technology. There is a significant opportunity for career growth across other entities in Rock City Centre Holdings. Some of these entities include UpVentures Capital, Rock City Development, UpMobility Foundation, Entrepreneurs Across Borders, and the Upstate Jobs Party.
Your ability to multi-task and work independently will involve both a hands-on role in customer service plus the opportunity to help support RCC’s set up and flow of facility operations.
This is a part-time position that requires an on-site presence at Rock City Centre in the range of 25-30 hours per week. Candidates who live within commuting distance are preferred.
Your Day-to-day responsibilities will involve:
● Overseeing operations management, policies, and systems, including accompanying training and support for membership adoption and compliance
○ Help onboard new members, answer member questions, and field phone calls on behalf of RCC and our members.
○ Use the building operating system to manage the scheduling of space, billing, event management, and member portal/mobile app for member communication
○ Promotion of this state-of-the-art space, distribution of external communications, give onsite tours to prospective tenants and community organizations
○ Ensure inventory is stocked, the mail is received and distributed, and office spaces are clean.
○ Coordinate with RCC service providers that include maintenance, systems, and facilities.
○ Cultivate community relationships to attract members and to benefit the local community
Our preference is for candidates:
● Self-starter & detail-oriented multi-tasker: You have the ability to work independently in setting your daily priorities and operate with a minimum amount of supervision. You thrive on learning new things to expand your knowledge. Working across multiple projects at once is not the exception, but your norm. You are an individual contributor that makes sure your submitted work product is accurate – and are used to being held accountable for your accuracy.
● Strong communications and group interaction skills: Interacting and communicating with other stakeholders is something you enjoy, including expanding your own network of relationships. Your personal reputation is important – others want to work with you because you consistently deliver on expectations.
● Tech oriented:
○ Strong working knowledge of Google Apps (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Calendar, Google Sheets) and DropBox.
○ Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
We anticipate a range of 25-30 hours a week with some flexibility as we seek to balance candidate’s availability/interests with our events and other RCCH activities.
Compensation will be in the range of $15-20 per hour depending on experience. There may also be incentive compensation available for meaningful contributions to specific outcomes within these organizations.
Rock City Centre Holdings will be conducting informational interviews at the Upstate New York College Career Fair on April 30th, 2021. Please register here and request a meeting if you are interested in learning more about this position.
If you are not able to make the Online Career Fair on April 30th, interested candidates should email us an indication of interest with the subject line RCCH Office Manager along with a link to your LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.